Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Had This Assignment That Was To Be Done: DEFAMILARIZATION


On this newspaper, I will try to demonstrate “bestrangment”. Although it may be strange, it will match together and make sense. To me, the main reason as to why we “defamiliarize” things is to explore our own imagination. It is to make the reader feel what the author thought through the book or the newspaper.  Defamiliarization is all related to creativity; in one story, there are probably millions of ways to look at it. This means that everything depends on you, from the way you pick words to the progress of how you think. In this essay, I will be doing what is called “black out poetry”. Defamiliarization may seem not at all related to “poetry”, but in reality, it is the complete opposite. They are both creative techniques making the audience feel things in a different and bizarre way.

Purpose of defamiliarization is the exploration of art and creativity. Artistic use of your language can give readers a new point of view, as well as perspective. `Defamiliarization` was to be first known and used by Victor Shklovsky. He meant this to the means of viewing objects differently. To people who read this, it is ever so beautiful with the intermingled structures of phrases, described the way it has never been done before. It is to make them astonished by doing something different of what the audience perceives.
 
To my own life, the term “defamiliarization” is relevant. As I got to learn about defamiliarization, I realized how important it was in my life. Not only did creativity come out of the box, but I learned a lot new ways of expressing things. Because defamiliarization links closely together with poetry, it helped me a lot through poetry sessions. It gave me more variety of options as how to write or say phrases, especially because I don’t have a religion because it blocks some desires across all different beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment