Monday, November 11, 2013

More Than A Teacher

Miss Hancock was more than a teacher
She was a colourfully wrapped box
with a bright red ribbon
Tying together her exuberance
She was a gift
that I threw aside.

Her sorrow, my entire fault.
The black shadow of my guilt looming over me day after day.
As more of my memories of her burn away and fall into pieces, I feel pain.
Black ashes of despair covers my heart and suffocates me.

But I write your colourful, merry face
With my eyes swollen and the guilt inside me
I write this elegy, hoping
For you to rest in peace.

And no matter how many oceans and floods I cry,
you are the lifeboat.
A brilliant purple and yellow ship
dragging me up from the depths.

I wonder,
What you would say to me
How you would look
What metaphor you would be
Today.

By Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. good going with your own metaphors! I like how you extended the one Charlotte started already: cake, gifts...it's all a party theme

    ReplyDelete